“I’m not interested in being any kind of superstar or anything, I’m not. I’m just a dude who got lucky and an artist who cares about the work that I do.”
the first date sequel to this fic in which single dads, blaine and kurt, meet outside the principal’s office of their kids’ elementary school.
Blaine stares at himself in the mirror, inspecting his face, his hair, his teeth. He rubs a hand along his cheek, the skin underneath smooth and soft, the product of meticulous shaving. He picks at a few pieces of hair, sculpting them so that not a piece is out of place. His fingers then linger at the bow-tie around his neck, tweaking it so that it sits impeccably at his neck, crisp, neat, and centered.
Focusing on the minute details is what keeps Blaine from absolutely freaking out.
Because Blaine has a date.
Because Blaine has a date with Kurt.
“There are two ways you can go with pain: You can let it destroy you or you can use it as fuel to drive you…”
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life.—Five things I am trying very hard to accept. (via leunq)
we’ll always belong to each other.